Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The scent of basil and mint...

... let me start off by confessing that I have a secret obsession for candles. I love them!!!  Not all kinds of candles though... just the really fancy ones {the ones that don't give you a headache when you light them}. Not sure what is it about them... there's just something so romantic about drinking a cup of tea next to a well lit burning wick. 
From what I keep hearing in the "greener" circles, when buying a candle, soy candles are the way to go. They burn cleaner {paraffin wax is a petroleum product}, they burn longer, reduce soot and are more sustainable.  In my efforts to combine both my obsession and my new found desire to be more Green I decided to pick one up and found this one at Target for $9.99. Amazing!!!! 

In order for you to fully understand the freshness of the fragrance that is emitted by this amazing mixture of scents, here is the Mint Basil soy candle with fresh herbs from my handy daddy's herb garden.  Enjoy!!! - By Reese

{photos by -Teresa}

2 comments:

  1. I'll be sure to pick one up next time I go to Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEI!!! they have other scents too but this one smells so clean!!!

    ReplyDelete